Exciting developments! The Association of Symbolic Logic has made the now-out of print volumes in the Lecture Notes in Logic (vols. 1-12) and Perspectives in Mathematical Logic (vols. 1-12) open-access through Project Euclid. This includes classics like
- Shoenfield’s Recursion Theory,
- Lindström’s Aspects of Incompleteness in the LNL,
- Sacks’ Higher Recursion Theory,
- Hájek and Pudlák’s Metamathematics of First-order Arithmetic,
- Shelah’s Proper and Improper Forcing,
- Barwise’s Admissible Sets and Structures, and
- Barwise and Feferman’s Model-theoretic Logics in the PiML.
I’m especially excited about the Hájek/Pudlák and Barwise/Feferman volumes, which are chock-full of useful material! Check out the full list of volumes available (click on the “Series Contents” link on the right side). For now it’s available in nicely scanned and OCR’d PDF format, perhaps there will also be a print-on-demand way of getting a bound copy.