Within the VIDI project ‘The Roots of Deduction’ led by Catarina Dutilh Novaes, the Faculty of Philosophy of the University of Groningen is advertising a 12-month post-doc position, to commence in January 2015 or shortly thereafter.
Given the broad scope of the project, candidates with a number of different backgrounds will be considered, as long as they have a keen interest in the general topic of deductive proofs in logic and mathematics. In particular, candidates may have the following areas of expertise:
- Ancient logic
- Ancient mathematics (Greek as well as other traditions)
- Philosophical logic and philosophy of logic
- Philosophy of mathematics and philosophy of mathematical practice (proofs in particular)
- Dialogical logic and games in logic
- Deductive and mathematical cognition (psychology/cognitive science)
More details here.