So while everyone is following the World Cup, I’m getting excited about the FLoC Olympic Games to be held at the Vienna Summer of Logic this year. Still doing my research to pick favourites, but here are some of the disciplines:
- Answer Set Programming (ASP) Model & Solve, divided into single- (“Men’s”) and multi-processor (“Women’s”) competitions.
- Automated Theorem Proving, with events in Typed Higher-order Theorems, First-order Theorems (with/without arithmetic, with/without identity), etc.
- Term Rewrite System Confluence, with events in First-order and Conditional Term Rewrite Systems Confluence as well as Certification of Confluence Proofs
- Boolean Satisfiability Solving is the biggest event with two separate competitions, plus a competition in MAXSAT.
- Quantified Boolean Formulas has events in QBF Solving, Preprocessing, and Certification.
- Hardware Model Checkers compete in Single safety, Liveness, and Deep Bound.
- Web Ontology Language (OWL) reasoning competitions will be held in Consistency Checking, Classification, and Realisation
plus a few others. There will even be live viewing and a medal ceremony!